Johnston County EMS has an extensive training and development program for both the experienced provider as well as those who are recent EMS graduates. All continuing education and recertification for Johnston County EMS is coordinated through the Office of Training and Clinical Affairs, our own in-house educational institution certified by the NC Office of Emergency Medical Services. Additionally, we work with Johnston Community College to deliver educational content for our EMS providers.
All educational opportunities offered by the Office of Training and Clinical Affairs meet the NC Office of Emergency Medical Services' and National Registry of EMTs' continuing education guidelines. Our personnel receive more than 36 specialized and focused hours of educational opportunities each year, well over the 24 hours required by the State.
The Office of Training and Clinical Affairs is responsible for:
- All in-house training and development for field and administrative staff
- Curriculum development
- Development, production and management of e-Learning courses
- Public education
- Medical simulation program
- Employee orientation / Academies
- Field Training and Evaluation (FTEP)
- Records management
- Quality assurance / quality improvement
- Student and observer clinicals and ride-alongs
- Oversight of the Emergency Medical Dispatch program