612 Powell Street
Smithfield, NC 27577
Kathy Greenwood, Program Director
Services Provided or Description:
Provides State-regulated Adult Day Health Care Services with professional staff for adults (age 18 and older) with chronic conditions.
These supervised services allow seniors, disabled adults and our Veterans to remain in their own homes and give their caregiver a much-needed break.
- Memory impairment program
- Visually impaired program
- Diabetic care program
- Falls management program
- Health care services (coordinated with personal physicians)
- Assistance with mobility
- Assistance with feeding
- Transportation (contracted service)
- Beautiful safe enclosed garden
- Caregiver support services
- Mild memory support services
- Pet therapy
- Music therapy
- Reminiscent therapy
- Level-specific physical and memory activities
Hours: 8:30 to 4:30, Monday through Friday. Some extended hours available.
Ages Served: 18 and older
Eligibility: Requires an on-site "team" assessment. The team includes the participant (if applicable), registered nurse (on staff), activity coordinator, program director and caregivers. The assessment ensures that we meet all of the needs to develop the full plan of care.
Some of the current referrals include:
- Doctor Offices
- Department of Social Services
- Disabled Veterans Administration
- Johnston County Industries
- Johnston Health Hospital
- Health Department
- Case managers
- Home Health Agencies
- Community and Senior Services
You do not have to be a professional agency to make a referral to Divine Destiny Adult Care Inc., however, all referrals must go directly to the Program Director.
Billing Arrangements: Medicaid Community Alternative Program/Disabled Adults (CAP DA), state funding, First in Families, Family Caregiver Support Services, Disabled Veterans Program - This service is handled on-site (see Program Director for details).
Bilingual? Staff members will communicate and provide written material as requested.