714 North Street
Smithfield, NC 27577
Debbie Henderson, Adult Services Supervisor
Services Provided or Description:
In-Home Aides, Community Alternative Program/Disabled Adults (CAP-DA), Adult Homes Specialist, Adult Care Home Case Management, Adult Care Home and Nursing Home Financial Assistance, Adult Placement Services, and Protective Services for Disabled Adults.
DSS provides services for the in-home care of elderly and disabled adults through the In-home Aide Program and the Community Alternative Program for Adults (CAP-DA).
In-Home Aides may provide the following services:
- Assistance with basic home maintenance skills such as housekeeping, laundry, and meal preparation.
- Inpatient hospital care
- Doctor's visits and clinical services
- Outpatient hospital visits
- Licensed home care services
- Prescription medication
- Laboratory and x-ray services
- Nursing and hospice care
- Durable medical equipment (e.g., walker)
- Medically necessary ambulance transport
- Dental care
Hours: 8:00 - 6:00 pm, Monday; 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday through Friday
adult services one must be disabled or over age 65. One must also meet income and resource requirements.
Ages Served: 18 and older
Eligibility: In order to qualify for adult services one must be disabled or over age 65. One must also meet income and resource requirements.
Bilingual? Bilingual services are available for all programs at Social Services.