714 North Street
Smithfield, NC 27577
Barbara Lee, Income Maintenance Supervisor II,
Pam Braswell, Income Maintenance Supervisor II
Services Provided or Description:
Medicaid provides medical assistance to those individuals who meet the income and reserve test for the particular type of Medicaid for which they are applying. When one applies for Medicaid, eligibility for all Medicaid programs is evaluated to provide the greatest benefit to the client.
The different components of the Medicaid program are as follows:
- Medical Assistance for Families (MAF)
- Medicaid for Pregnant Women (MPW)
- Medicaid for Infants and Children (MIC)
- North Carolina Health Choice
- Medicaid "Be Smart" Family Planning Program
Hours: Monday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Tuesday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Ages Served: All
Eligibility: Must meet income and reserve tests.
Bilingual? Bilingual services are available for all programs at Social Services.