P.O. Box 1903
Smithfield, NC 27577
24-Hour Crisis Line 919-631-5478
Mary Hodge, New Choices Coordinator
Services Provided or Description:
- 24-hour shelter for abused women and children
- 24-hour Crisis Line support
- Domestic violence, sexual assault, and life skills support groups
- Advocacy and support to victims and displaced homemakers
- Safety planning for victims trying to leave an abuser or victims who have left recently
- Support and guidance to family members of the victim
- Presentations to local clubs, churches, employers, groups to spread awareness about domestic violence and sexual assault
- Court Advocacy program
- Sexual assault program
- Children's program
- New Choices program
Hours: Office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Shelter and Crisis Line are 24 hours.
Ages Served: All.
Eligibility: Must be a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or a displaced homemaker or a family member of a victim.
Referral Process: For shelter placement, call the Crisis Line. All other programs can be reached at the Harbor Office phone number.
Billing Arrangements: All services are free.
Bilingual? We have bilingual volunteers on call at all times. We do have educational and awareness materials in Spanish. One bilingual staff member is available on weekends.