Child Health Clinics
Clinic appointments for sick and well care are offered Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm by appointment.
If you are a new patient to the Johnston County Health Department Child Health Clinic, please call our appointment desk to schedule a physical exam appointment to establish care. Registration is available online through this website.
Phone: 919-989-5200. Please ask for Child Health Clinic appointment desk.
- Physical exams
- Complete physical exam (annual physical or sports exam)
- Blood pressure, height, weight, BMI
- Labs: Hgb, urinalysis, sickle cell screening, lead screening, repeat newborn labs, routine HIV screening (labs based on age/need at time of visit
- Vision, hearing screening
- Fluoride dental treatment (every 2 1/2 months, up to age 3 1/2 years of age); dental referrals
- Developmental screening assessment
- Immunizations (based on age/need at time of visit)
Note: In case of an emergency, please call 911.
If you feel your child needs immediate attention, please go to your nearest emergency room.
Payment Methods: The Child Health Clinic accepts self-pay, Medicaid, North Carolina Health Choice, and private insurance. If your child is not presently covered by health insurance and you are interested in more information about North Carolina Health Choice, please call The Department of Social Services at 919-989-5300 or 989-5200. An application for this insurance can be obtained at the Johnston County Department of Social Services or at the Johnston County Health Department.