Primary Care Clinic (PCC)
Primary Care Clinic (PCC) is staffed by a physician, Physician Assistants (PAs) and a
Nurse Practitioner. Service include annual physicals for male and females, sport
physicals, school physicals and work physicals for established patients along with
chronic disease care (for example; diabetes, hypertension and COPD monitoring), and
treatment for acute illnesses.
We accept Medicare, Medicaid and some private insurances. We are not a HMO or PPO
insurance provider. The clinic charges are on a sliding fee scale and based on income.
Proof of income is required. Diagnostic services scheduled at other sites are not
covered under the sliding fee scale and the client will be responsible for those services.
Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program
Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program of North Carolina is available for
patients who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- 50-64 years of age
- 40-49 years of age (if space available in program)
- Less than 40 years of age, If symptomatic
- 250% of federal Poverty level is maximum
- Not receiving Medicaid and Medicare
- Johnston County resident
The Wise Women program provides cardiovascular disease (heart attacks and stroke)
screening and referral services to BCCCP eligible women ages 40-64 years of age. Woman
with elevated blood pressure and /or cholesterol receive needed treatment, referral,
Call Health Department today to see if you qualify or have any questions at 919-989-5200.
Pink Ribbon Campaign: Held in October of every years. The pink ribbon is worn to
increase awareness of Breast Cancer.
We also have the North Carolina Diabetes Umbrella Program (DERP) available for
patients in Johnston County. For more information about DERP, see
the JCPH DERP page.
Rex Mammography Certificate Program
The Rex Mammography Certificate Program is designed to help medically under-served
women in our surrounding areas in need of a screening mammogram through the Rex Mobile
Mammography Coach and/or additional diagnostic imaging through Rex Breast Care Center or
Rex Healthcare of Wakefield.
- Women must be age 35 years and older (screening only).
- Women must be age 30 years and older (diagnostic/ultrasound only w/order).
- Women must have a physician.
- Only women in need of a screening or diagnostic mammogram, and breast ultrasound.
- Women without medical insurance or with a financial need (see table below).
- Mammography Assistance Application must be completed and signed by applicant.
|Size of Family
||Maximum Household Income
|8 or more
Please contact the Primary Care Clinic at 919-989-5200 to apply for this service and to make an