Approximately 2.5 million children are injured or killed by hazards in the home each year. Many of these incidents could be prevented by using simple child safety devices on the market today. The following is a list of child-safety devices that can help prevent many injuries to young children. Remember, it's important to follow manufacturer installation instructions carefully.
Safety Latches and Locks
for cabinets and drawers in kitchens, bathrooms, and other areas to prevent injuries or poisonings.
- Safety Gates to prevent falls down stairs and to keep children away from dangerous areas.
- Door Knob Covers and Locks to prevent children from entering rooms and areas of danger.
- Anti-Scald Devices for faucets and shower heads to prevent burns from hot water.
- Smoke Detectors on every level of your home and near bedrooms to alert you to fires.
- Window Guards and Safety Netting to help prevent falls from windows, balconies, decks, and landings.
- Corner and Edge Bumpers to prevent injuries from sharp corners.
- Outlet Covers to prevent electrocution.
- Cut Window Blind Cords to prevent strangling in blind cord loops.
- Door Stops to prevent injuries to fingers.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors near bedrooms.
There is no price tag on your child's safety.