Pay Your Water Bill Online Instructions
It is a good idea to print this page of instructions as a reference guide to follow through the process.
Click here to download and print these instructions (PDF).
After reading the notes below, scroll to the bottom of this page, click on Pay Your Utility Bill or Check Utility Account Balance and follow the instructions to make a payment.
To access your utility account, please fill in the Account Number and Customer ID Number found on your Johnston County Public Utilities monthly billing statement and click Search.
- Click Manage Bills to see a list of unpaid bills.
- Click Account Summary to see your payment history or consumption history.
If you have more than one unpaid bill, please note that the oldest bills are listed first. You should pay the OLDEST BILLS FIRST and pay all past due bills in full to avoid water service interruption.
- Select bills that you would like to pay now and then click Pay.
- Enter the amount of each bill you would like to pay in the Payment Amount field. Note that this amount cannot exceed the amount due. The subtotal must be $135 or less per transaction (more than one (1) transaction must be entered if the total amount due exceeds $135).
- Click Continue to be directed to the Paymentus payment site.
Enter the billing information for the credit card type you select. This information must match exactly what is on your credit card account (such as your name, billing address, expiration date, and security code).
- Click Continue to process the payment method information.
- Click Continue to see the total charge and agree to pay the Paymentus service fee and agree to the Paymentus terms and conditions.
- Click Make Payment.
You will receive an instant notification of your payment and it will post to your utility account in the next 1-2 business days (E-checks may take longer). For each payment, you will receive a confirmation number and an e-mail confirmation. Please keep your receipt until payment is reflected on your account. (A confirmation number guarantees payment is complete).