Update Regarding Johnston County Coronavirus Case
For Immediate Release:
Johnston County Government
March 13, 2020
Smithfield, NC — Johnston County Public Health has investigated the timeline of the county’s affected individual and the investigation thus far has not indicated a need to notify any public places.
The county’s public health team continues to encourage you to protect yourself from COVID-19 and any other flu-like illness by following these simple steps:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay away from sick people.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces – especially ones that are touched frequently – using regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Stay home if you’re sick and don’t send sick children to school or childcare.
The best place to find the most up to date information on COVID-19 is on www.ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus. In addition to the website, NCDHHS has established a public health COVID-19 information line for anyone to call with questions at 866-462-3821.
The county will continue to share important information on our social media accounts.