Johnston County Department of Social Services Announces Changes for Receiving Services
For Immediate Release:
March 24, 2020
Smithfield, NC -- In compliance with the governor's declarations for all organizations, state agencies, and citizens to do what they can do to impede the spread of the COVID-19, and to ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff, the Johnston County Department of Social Services will take the following measures for everyone's protection while we continue to provide all services.
- Effective immediately, access to the public lobby area will be limited to staff.
- The staff will be available by phone and email during normal business hours; Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- All residents may contact the Department of Social Services by telephone for instructions and assistance at 919-989-5300.
- As always, residents may apply for public assistance benefits online through ePass via www.johnstonnc.com/dss/ or call 919-989-5300.
- The public may also pick up a paper application, in front of the main building at 714 North Street, Smithfield and return the completed application to the Drop Box provided outside the agency, or they may mail it.
- If assistance is needed with the application, please call 919-989-5300.
Griffin David Lockett, PhD.
Chair, Johnston County Department of Social Services Board