Johnston County Land Use Center Response to COVID-19
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
March 27, 2020
Johnston County employees continue to work for our citizens. However, we want to do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep our staff, citizens and customers healthy. Therefore, effective Monday, March 30, 2020 at 8:00 am, the Johnston County Land Use Center will operate with restricted public access. All departments are open and will continue to conduct business operations in a modified manner. However, please email, call or go online to conduct business, instead of coming in person until further notice. The building will have limited access for customers to use drop-boxes located in the foyer area just inside the doors adjacent to the parking lot. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all adjust to temporarily modified operations.
APPLICATIONS: All Environmental Health applications and owners consent forms must be signed before submitting. The forms can be found on our website www.johnstonnc.com/envhealth/. Applications may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, sent to our office via USPS, FedEx, or UPS delivery, or dropped off in the vestibule of the Land Use Center in the designated drop box located at the parking lot entrance.
PAYMENTS: Payments by check (included with application) may be mailed to Johnston County Environmental Health, 309 E. Market Street, Smithfield, NC 27577, or placed in the payment drop box in vestibule of the Land Use identified as “Environmental Health”. Please make certain that your payment has noted the project, applicant name, and phone number on the check. You may also pay by credit or check card by phone. All receipts will be emailed to the email address listed on the application.
MEETINGS: All meetings will be conducted via digital media or phone conference calls. Please contact the department at (919) 989-5180 to schedule a meeting. In-person meetings are cancelled until further notice.
CALL OR EMAIL: Our office continues to operate during normal hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please contact us at (919) 989-5180.
DROP-OFF/PICK-UP: Effective March 30, 2020 there will be a pick-up and drop-off box located in the vestibule of the Land Use center during this time. This is so we can continue to serve our customers that do not have internet access or already have permits submitted.
PERMIT APPLICATIONS/PLAN SUBMITTAL: Applications for permits and plans will be accepted as follows:
- By email to email@example.com (attachment file size should not exceed 10 MB)
- Left in the drop box located in the Land Use Center lobby labeled “INSPECTIONS”
- Once the permit is ready, we will call to accept your payment by credit/debit card over the phone or you may mail checks to Johnston County Inspections Department at 309 E. Market Street, Smithfield NC 27577.
- Schedule inspection requests by telephone at (919) 989-5060 each day by 4:00 pm, to be scheduled for the next business day.
- Our inspectors are continuing to perform their daily duties and we ask everyone to continue to practice "social distancing" when inspections are being conducted.
- Inspections that are safe to be handled once this pandemic subsides, we ask that you would please wait to call them in once we return to a little more normalcy. This would include inspections that require access to occupied homes, hospitals, etc.
- Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. If you have any questions, please give us a call at (919) 989-5060.
CONTACT: Contact our office by phone (919) 989-5060, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (919) 989-5431 instead of coming inside, and our website is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
SUBMITTALS: All planning and zoning submittals (plats, minor subdivisions, BLUE CARD requests, rezoning/special use applications, major subdivision, commercial site plan) should be submitted electronically to email@example.com, sent to our office via USPS, FedEx, or UPS delivery, or dropped off at the Land Use Center in the designated area inside the vestibule at the parking lot entrance.
MEETINGS: All meetings will be conducted via digital media or phone conference calls. Please contact the department at (919) 989-5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting. In-person TRC meetings are cancelled until further notice. Comments from TRC review will be emailed to the designated individual as indicated on the respective application. Planning Board meeting schedule is subject to change as necessary. Announcements of any changes will be sent out by public notice, our email listserv, and posted on our website. You may sign up for our listserv on our website at www.johnstonnc.com/planning.
PAYMENTS: Payments by check may be mailed to Johnston County Planning, 309 E. Market Street, Smithfield, NC 27577, or placed in the payment drop box in vestibule of the Land Use identified as “PLANNING”. Checks or certified checks are preferable. Please make certain that your payment has noted the project or applicant name on the check. All receipts will be mailed to the address listed on the check.
CALL OR EMAIL: Our office continues to operate during normal hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please contact us at (919) 989-5150 or email@example.com.
Submittals: Any VA paperwork can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, paperwork can be placed in a secure drop box in the vestibule of the Land Use Center identified as Veterans. Our staff will check it daily and will contact you if needed. Veterans can also complete ANY VA application, to include disability claims and health care enrollment applications, online at www.va.gov .
Call or Email: Our office continues to provide all veteran related services to the 14,000 veterans of Johnston County. Our staff is available to answer your calls and emails at 919-989-5067 and at email@example.com . You can also fax us information to 919-934-0607 or mail applications to PO Box 1144, Smithfield, NC 27577. Additional information related to veteran services can be found at www.johnstonnc.com/veteranssvcs
PAYMENTS: The following convenient payment options for monthly water and sewer bills are available:
- Place check or money order in the mail using your tear off payment slip
- Use the overnight drop box at the parking lot entrance to the Land Use Center (309 E. Market St, Smithfield)
- Automatic bank draft – activation form available on our website at www.jcutil.com
- Bank account bill pay allowing at least 5 days for delivery to our lockbox address
- Online bill pay: www.johnstonnc.com/paywaterbill.
- Automated phone system: 1-844-845-2151 (Para Español Elija Opcion #2)
- Please make sure to include your account number with all payments.
Please be advised that the $1.95 transaction fee for online and phone payments has been temporarily suspended.
APPLICATIONS FOR SERVICE: Please visit our website at https://www.jcutil.com in order to complete an application for water and/or sewer service with one of the following methods:
- On-line with DocuSign®
- Print, complete and fax the application to (919) 934-0256
- Print, complete and mail the application to JCPU, PO Box 2263, Smithfield, NC 27577
- Call our office for an appointment if you must appear in person to apply (919-989-5075)
- We will not provide same day service and appreciate more than one day notice for service activation during this time
PURCHASE TRASH DECALS ($100.00):
- Purchase on-line at jcutil.com and the decal will be delivered by registered mail to your home
- Print, complete and mail the form from our website along with your check or money order and the decal will be delivered by registered mail to your home
- NO DECALS WILL BE SOLD AT THE LAND USE CENTER AT THIS TIME
- Irrigation permits will ONLY be sold over the phone with a credit card at (919) 989-5075
- Our Field technician will deliver an irrigation permit sign to your property address with a door hanger confirming delivery
PLAN SUBMITTAL AND MEETINGS: All plans for review should be submitted electronically or sent via USPS, FedEx or UPS delivery. All meetings will be conducted via conference call or digital media. Please call (919) 209-8333 or email a staff member for additional information.
CALL OR EMAIL: Our office continues to operate during normal hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please contact us at (919) 989-5075 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or need additional information.