Johnston County COVID-19 Updated Data - April 7, 2020
For Immediate Release:
April 7, 2020
Smithfield, NC – The Johnston County Public Health Department has provided the following data as of today 4:00 p.m. today:
- Confirmed positive cases – 49
- Currently hospitalized – 13
- Average age of positive cases – 54
- Deceased – 3 (4th case has not been confirmed)
- Gender - female 51% and male - 49%
In addition, Public Health staff assisted our long-term care facility with an outbreak by testing 28 Springbrook employees.
Data contained in this release is subject to change as cases are investigated and additional testing is performed.
To stay up to date on COVID-19 in North Carolina, visit https://ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus or text COVIDNC to 898211. Call 2-1-1 (or 888-892-1162) for general questions or for help finding human services resources in your community.