Severe Weather Preparedness 2022: Lightning, Pt. 2
Lessen Your Chances of Being Struck:
- If you see lightning or hear thunder, SEEK SHELTER INDOORS immediately.
- Stay indoor for 30 MINUTES AFTER the last clap of thunder or flash of lightning.
- If you are caught out in a storm and feel your hair stand on end:
- SQUAT low to the ground on the balls of your feet
- COVER your head with your hands
- PLACE your head between your knees
- Become the smallest target possible. DO NOT lie flat on the ground.
- AVOID windows, doors, and water.
- DO NOT touch metal or use appliances or electronic devices that are plugged in.
- STAY AWAY from natural lightning rods and elevated locations.