Severe Weather Preparedness 2022: Thunderstorms, Pt. 2
Preparing for a Thunderstorm:
- If you see lightning or hear thunder, SEEK SHELTER INDOORS immediately.
- Stay indoors for 30 MINUTES AFTER the last clap of thunder or flash of lightning.
- STAY AWAY from windows and doors.
- STAY AWAY from running water.
- DO NOT touch metal or use electronic devices that are plugged in.
- STAY AWAY from natural lightning rods and elevated locations.
- Vehicles are NOT an ideal shelter, but they are safer than being out in the open.
- If you are driving, PULL OVER AND PARK.
- DO NOT touch any metal or electronics in your vehicle.