Severe Weather Preparedness 2022: Tornado, Pt. 2
- HAVE A PLAN BEFORE a storm or emergency occurs. Know where you will go if things get bad and who you need to contact.
- Seek shelter inside IMMEDIATELY. Find a room on the lowest floor in the center of your home. Avoid windows.
- Mobile homes offer LITTLE TO NO protection. Instead, seek shelter at the nearest sturdy building.
- If traveling, find a low, flat location (like a ditch). AVOID bridges and overpasses.
- DO NOT try to outrun a tornado. If shelter is nearby, attempt to reach it if weather conditions allow.