Fireworks Information and Application
All the items listed below are required to obtain a Fireworks Display Permit.
- Complete the Fireworks Display Application ( Fillable | Print-Only )
- Obtain written authority from Johnston County Board of Commissioners.
- Provide a Bond or Certificate of Insurance with a minimum of $500,000.
- Provide a Valid Copy of Operator’s License issued by the North Carolina Office of the State Fire Marshal - Pyrotechnic. The Office of the State Fire Marshal is a section within the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
- For outdoor displays, applications shall include a diagram of the location at which the display will be conducted that shows the site from which fireworks will be discharged, the locations of building, highways, overhead obstructions and utilities; as well as the lines behind which the audience will be restrained.
- List of provisions for adequate fire protection.
- List of names of parties responsible for crowd control.
- List of names and ages of operator assistants who have been fully trained in the proper performance of their tasks.
- List of the names of the assistants who will be conducting inspection of the fall-out area after display before allowing public access.
- One copy of instructions for each type of fireworks displayed and approximate number discharged.
- The name, address, and phone number of the individual, group, or organization sponsoring the outdoor fireworks display.