Volunteer Opportunities in Johnston County
American Red Cross of Eastern North Carolina
Wake, Johnston , Lee, Chatham , Franklin Counties
and Seymour Johnston AFB
Sr. Volunteer Specialist
11th Judicial District Guardian ad Litem Program - Johnston, Harnett & Lee Counties
Citizen advocates are trained to be the voice for a child involved in juvenile court through no fault of their own. Working in partnership with an Attorney Advocate and district staff, GAL Advocates make recommendations to the court to help achieve safe, permanent homes for children as soon as possible.
910-814-4692 or 919-934-3348
Community & Senior Services of Johnston County - (Manage JCATS)
Transitions Life Care
Contact: Paige White, Volunteer Recruitment & Retention Coordinator
250 Hospice Circle
Raleigh, NC 27607
919.828.0890 (main number)
919.719.6832 (direct number)
Johnston County Heritage Center
"We especially need help in our reading room assisting visitors with genealogy research and also in the field surveying old and often forgotten family cemeteries."
Partnership for Children of Johnston County
“Volunteer opportunities to improve the health, education and emotional well-being of young children in Johnston County.”
Reins from Above, Inc.
Primarily a volunteer organization that uses horseback riding as therapy for special needs children and adults; without volunteers we would not be able to provide so many valuable services to the community.
Habitat Wake ReStore - Clayton
11639 US-70 Business Clayton, NC 27520
Now open! The new Clayton ReStore is the product of a partnership between Wake and Johnston counties. Join us as we raise funds for Habitat Wake by selling new and used building materials and furniture to the public at discounted prices. We've got something for everyone! Our current needs are cashier, sales floor associate, merchandiser, donation receiver, light repair, and greeter / customer service associate.
- Cashier - answer the phone, ring up sales, and sometimes work on small projects at the counter;
- Sales Floor Associate - help load items, move furniture and assist in organzing product sections for better visibility and shopping experience;
- Merchandiser - assist in processing donations and / or testing items and preparing them for the sales floor;
- Donation Receiver - assist the donations receiving team in unloading donations and organizing the back room;
- Light Repair - some items require maintenance such as tightening screws / bolts / knobs, securing table or chair legs, and other miscellaneous "tinkering".
- Greeter / Customer Service Associate - greet customers as they come in the store, help them find specific items, explain store policies, answer the phone.
Contact Store Manager Ryan Stein - Store 919-585-6017 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Volunteer Opportunities
For more information about volunteer work, visit www.johnstonnc.com/recycling to learn about ways to benefit your environment and community.
If you have a volunteer opportunity you would like to see listed, please email email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in Johnston County and assisting your fellow citizens. Page last updated on July 21, 2020.