Meet Fred J. Smith, Jr.
Fred J. Smith, Jr.
Representing: District 1
Sworn in: December 2020
Term Expires in: 2024
President and Owner, Fred Smith Company
Owner, FSC Ranch, LLC
Wake Forest University School of Law - Graduate with Honors
United States Army Honorable Discharge - Served as a Captain and a Staff Judge Advocate (JAG Corps). Received the Army Commendation Medal (First Oak Leaf Cluster).
Currently serving on the following Boards/Committees:
- Chairman of the Board, North State Bank
- National Cattleman's Beef Association, Region II Vice President, Policy Division
- N.C. Cattlemen's Association (Previously served as President in 1982)
- Western Johnston Regional Water & Sewer Authority
- Research & Training Zone Advisory Committee
Other and Former Service:
- North Carolina State Senator (2002 - 2008)
- Johnston County Commissioner (2000 - 2002)
- Former President, N.C. Simmental Association
- Former President, Commercial Law League of America
- Johnston County Transportation Committee
Page last updated on: June 8, 2022