The N.C Forest Service is urging residents across the state to think safety and exercise caution during the spring fire season, which typically lasts from March to May.
- Consider alternatives to burning. Some debris is more valuable composted.
- Do not burn if conditions are dry or windy.
- Do not leave fires unattended. Make sure fires are fully extinguished before leaving the site.
- Never use flammable liquids (such as gasoline) to speed burning.
- Keep fire tools easily accessible. You will need a hose, bucket, steel, rake, and a shovel.
For more information on ways you can prevent wildfires and loss of property, visit https://www.ncforestservice.gov