For questions about land records please see links below, or contact us at 919-989-5160
- Answers to Questions about Assumed Names
- Minimum Standards for Indexing Real Property Instruments (Effective 7/1/2012)
- Information about Land Records and Deeds
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Commonly Recorded Documents
- Fee Schedule
Dear Valued Customers and Citizens,
We were one of the first counties in the state of North Carolina to electronically record all document types and one of the first counties in the nation to electronically record plat maps. Because we have adapted to a changing global economy, we now electronically record a majority of the documents we receive. I am very proud that Johnston County is leading the state and nation in this endeavor. As your public servant in this office, I will continue to look at ways to enhance customer service and lower costs for the taxpayers. Here are some of the numerous benefits of eRecording:
- Streamline Operations - Increase staff productivity and eliminate paper-handling processes and errors.
- Increase Document Security - Filing electronically increases document security.
- Save Time and Money - eRecording speeds up round-trip recording and is more economical than using a runner, express mail or courier service. eRecording will also save the taxpayers by reducing the need for more employees in the Register of Deeds office.
- Quick Turnaround - Documents are recorded and then returned to the submitter for their review in a matter of seconds.
- Environmentally Friendly - By eliminating paper Registers, submitters, and notaries will be supporting environmental initiatives related to the saving of trees and the energy that is expended to convert them to paper.
Accepted Companies for eRecordings
- CSC eRecording - call 866-652-0111 for more information
- EPN - Contact Bob Grohol at 888-325-3365 ext. 11234 for more information.
- Indecomm - Contact Indecomm at 877-272-5250 for more information
- NTC - Contact NTC at 800-346-9152 for more information.
- Simplifile - Contact Simplifile at 800-460-5657 for more information.
Page last updated: September 14, 2023