Johnston County Register of Deeds Thank-A-Vet Program
- Veterans MUST record ORIGINAL DD214 prior to obtaining photo ID card.
- If DD214 has previously been recorded in our office, we will only need to verify prior to issuing photo ID card.
- In addition to DD214, veteran must present valid government issued photo ID (NC driver’s license or US passport).
- Once the veteran has recorded their DD214, they will be eligible to obtain a photo ID card from our office. This card can be shown at local participating merchants in order to obtain a discount from that merchant.
- Merchant participation is solely voluntary. Agreements will be mailed to merchants desiring to participate. Signed agreements will be valid for a term of one year, with automatic renewal.
- Participating merchants will be given a window decal to display.
- Spouses/children are not eligible to receive ID card
- Residents of other counties may participate. However, all participating merchants are located in Johnston County. Those veterans will be required to record their DD214 in our office.
View the list of participating businesses and what discount they offer.
If you are a business and are interested in participating - Complete the Business Thank-a-Vet Program participation form.
DISCOUNTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
JOHNSTON COUNTY REGISTER OF DEEDS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DISCOUNT CHANGES OR OMISSIONS.
Page last updated: December 19, 2023