Johnston County Land Use Center Response to COVID-19
Johnston County employees continue to work for our citizens. However, we want to do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep our staff, citizens and customers healthy. Therefore, effective Monday, March 30, 2020 at 8:00 am, the Johnston County Land Use Center will operate with restricted public access. All departments are open and will continue to conduct business operations in a modified manner. However, please email, call or go online to conduct business, instead of coming in-person until further notice. The building will have limited access for customers to use drop-boxes located in the foyer area just inside the doors adjacent to the parking lot. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all adjust to temporarily modified operations.
Johnston County Public Utilities will operate as follows:
PAYMENTS: The following convenient payment options for monthly water and sewer bills are available:
- Place check or money order in the mail using your tear off payment slip
- Use the overnight drop box at the parking lot entrance to the Land Use Center (309 E. Market St, Smithfield)
- Automatic bank draft – activation form available on our website at www.jcutil.com
- Bank account bill pay allowing at least 5 days for delivery to our lockbox address
- Online bill pay: www.johnstonnc.com/paywaterbill.
- Automated phone system: 1-844-845-2151 (Para Español Elija Opcion #2)
- Please make sure to include your account number with all payments.
Please be advised that the $1.95 transaction fee for online and phone payments has been temporarily suspended.
APPLICATIONS FOR SERVICE: Please visit our website at https://www.jcutil.com in order to complete an application for water and/or sewer service with one of the following methods:
- On-line with DocuSign®
- Print, complete and fax the application to (919) 934-0256
- Print, complete and mail the application to JCPU, PO Box 2263, Smithfield, NC 27577
- Call our office for an appointment if you must appear in person to apply (919-989-5075)
- We will not provide same day service and appreciate more than one day notice for service activation during this time.
PURCHASE TRASH DECALS ($100.00):
- Purchase on-line at jcutil.com and the decal will be delivered by registered mail to your home
- Print, complete and mail the form from our website along with your check or money order and the decal will be delivered by registered mail to your home
- NO DECALS WILL BE SOLD IN PERSON AT THE LAND USE CENTER AT THIS TIME
- Irrigation permits will ONLY be sold over the phone with a credit card at (919) 989-5075
- Our Field technician will deliver an irrigation permit sign to your property address with a door hanger confirming delivery
PLAN SUBMITTAL AND MEETINGS:
- All plans for review should be submitted electronically or sent via USPS, FedEx or UPS delivery.
- Files smaller than 10 MB can be emailed directly to County staff. Stormwater and erosion control plan review submittal questions should be addressed to Jessica Batten at firstname.lastname@example.org. Water and/or sewer plan review submittal questions should be addressed to Nancy House at email@example.com. Do not email attachments larger than 10 MB.
- The associated review fee for plan submittals may be paid by sending a check via USPS, FedEx or UPS or left in the Public Utilities drop box outside of the Land Use Center. Please provide an email address with the check submittal, and the County will provide a receipt via email. Clearly indicate the associated project (including lot numbers, if applicable) and fee purpose (ex. stormwater review fee) with each check submittal.
- All meetings will be conducted via conference call or digital media. Please call (919) 209-8333 or email a staff member for additional information.
CALL OR EMAIL: Our office continues to operate during normal hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please contact us at (919) 989-5075 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or need additional information.