SignNow FOR WATER AND SEWER SERVICE - APPLY ONLINE
***** WELCOME TO SignNow - Our secure ONLINE Application Form to Apply for Water Service *****
An invitation from SignNow will be sent to your email address to start SignNow's secure ONLINE service based on the option you select below (No registration required). Check your email for your SignNow Access Link AFTER reading the following instructions AND selecting one of the Task Button Options below.
*** FEES ARE: $105.00 for Water or $120.00 for Water and Sewer ***
NOTE: APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO SERVICE ACTIVATION DATE (Business Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM). Previous owner's service termination may stop your water service if you don't apply in advance of your move in date. DO NOT EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION --- USE SignNow OR Fax ONLY.
** OWNER/BUYER - SignNow will instruct you to attach Proof of Ownership, Offer to Purchase OR Property Management Agreement (required to start service). The owner/buyer name(s) on this attachment must match the name(s) entered on your application.
**RENTER - SignNow will instruct you to attach a Lease/Rental Agreement (required to start service). The name(s) on this attachment must match the name(s) entered on your application.
SignNow will instruct you to attach a copy of the driver's license(s) or state-issued ID card(s) (no passports or social security cards accepted). For a business or commercial account, attach your W9 Taxpayer ID Form instead. If you have a letter a credit from another utility company to waive the security deposit, attach it now while in SignNow.
Please prepare all your attachments as pdf or jpeg files and save them to upload while using SignNow. No services will be turned on without a completed application packet. You will receive a confirmation email from SignNow that your application is complete when you are done.
FEES ARE $105.00 for Water and $120.00 for Water and Sewer. Customer Service (919-989-5075) will call you to collect payment with a credit card once your SignNow application is processed usually at least one business day after your application is received (fees include $75.00 refundable security deposit without a letter of credit).
WE DO NOT PROVIDE SAME DAY SERVICE.
CLICK ONE of the following options to transfer to our SignNow Online Service:
WE DO NOT PROVIDE SAME DAY SERVICE.
To submit an application via FAX (919-934-0256):
===> Download and Print the PDF Application Forms <===
Please read the following Instructions for Utility Services:
ALL SERVICES ARE SUBJECT TO DISCONNECT WHEN MONTHLY BALANCE IS PAST DUE WITHOUT NOTICE – monthly utility statements serve as notice of possible disconnection.
An Application for Service must be completed prior to service being connected. Johnston County Public Utilities requires at least two (2) business days' notice. A security deposit must be satisfied at the time of application. The deposit may be waived with a letter of credit from your previous utility company submitted with the properly completed application. JCPU security deposits do not transfer between accounts. After 12 months of payment by due date, your security deposit may be applied back to your account upon request or it will be applied to any outstanding balance that you owe to Johnston County Public Utilities.
You will need the following information to establish a new account:
- Legal Name of Account holder. Credit is being extended only to the name(s) on the established account.
INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE GIVEN TO ANYONE NOT NAMED ON THIS ACCOUNT.
- Social Security Number *
- Valid Driver’s License or North Carolina Government-Issued Photo Identification.
- Physical Address of the Property-where the property is located.
- Billing Address – where the bill will be mailed.
- Telephone Number.
- Rental Receipt or copy of lease agreement.
- Proof of property ownership if you purchased the property.
- Employer’s Name, address and telephone number.
- Payment of Fees:
o Application Fee (NON-REFUNDABLE service charge regardless if service is established).
o Deposit or a letter of credit from your previous utility company indicating no late payments for the
most recent 12-month period (a payment history will NOT be accepted as a letter of credit).
o Connection Fees (all unpaid balances with Johnston County Public Utilities, tap fee, assessment & meter).
- Mail your payment – stub and envelope is provided with your statement.
- FREE Automatic Bank Draft – authorization form available in our office or at www.jcutil.com .
- Online Payment at www.jcutil.com/paywaterbill (sends immediate notification of pending payment).
- Payments are accepted in our office – check, cash or debit/credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover).
- Bill Pay Service at your bank (NOT electronic transfer – paper check is mailed - allow 5-10 days to post).
- Drop Box Payment - located at rear parking entrance of Land Use Center, 309 E Market St., Smithfield.
- Pay by Phone up to $135.00 (844-845-2151). Payment immediately posts to your account.
- Check Cashing businesses are NOT authorized payment centers for Johnston County Public Utilities.
- WE DO NOT TAKE PAYMENTS OVER THE PHONE UNLESS THE AMOUNT EXCEEDS $135.00.
*Disclosure of Social Security number: Johnston County is authorized to collect this information to extend credit for services, identify customers and collect debts owed to Johnston County. Without this information additional deposit or other pertinent information may be required to establish service. In compliance with the Federal Trade Commission’s Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act of 2003, and the Identity Protection Act of 2005, Johnston County is required to identify its customers. Johnston County will be verifying customer information using the Social Security number through a credit reporting agency. Johnston County collects debt through NC State Tax Refunds and third-party services. Johnston County is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Discrimination is prohibited by Federal Law. To file a complaint of discrimination write USDA, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call toll-free at (800) 877-8339, or (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.