ONLINE/IVR BANK FEES ADDED TO CUSTOMER’S PAYMENT EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2022
Effective May 30, 2023, the online processing fee of $2.15 for bank transfer services will be automatically added to the customer’s payment transaction when our Online Bill Pay or Pay-By-Phone services are used by our customers. The bank transfer service fee is $2.15 per each transaction up to $250.00. **This fee goes directly to our bank transfer service provider, Paymentus.
Since March 26, 2020, Johnston County Solid Waste Department paid the bank transfer service fees for all online trash decal purchases due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Effective June 1, 2022, the online processing fee of $4.12 for bank transfer services will be automatically added to the current $100 fee for each decal purchased by our customers. Prior to COVID, the customer always paid this service fee to use credit cards or E-Checks to pay online for a trash decal. PayPal directly receives all the bank transfer fees for decals.
ALTERNATIVE PAY METHODS:
- (CLICK HERE) AUTOMATIC BANK DRAFT USING A CHECKING ACCOUNT IS FREE
- Pay in person at 309 E. Market St., Smithfield (next to the Public Library)
- Overnight drop box at 309 E. Market St., Smithfield, NC
- Use your personal bank service for bill pay (they mail us a check - allow up to 10 business days)
- Mail your payment using your payment tear off slip
** Paymentus securely processes all bank card and E-check transactions immediately world-wide 24-hours every day.